(10 months of study)
Apprenticeship Accredited Level 1 available
First Aid certification
Grade 11 compulsories must be completed
(special exceptions can be made)
Automotive Trades and Technology introduces you to your career in automotive repair and refinishing whether you choose autobody, painting or mechanical repair.
As with all Seven Oaks CVE programs, we provide technical training through in-class theory and work experience so you can learn by doing and through on-the-job training. Participants will be placed at prominent automotive dealerships throughout Winnipeg.
- Completion of Grade 11 core courses
- Participation in an interview
- Completion of a CVE application including references or referrals
- Presentation of a certified transcript of marks
Individuals who have completed Grade 12 are an adult learner or reside outside the division are encouraged to submit an application.
The 34 week course is a combination of in-class theory and on-the-job training. You will be in the industry four days a week and will spend one day per week in the classroom.
You will be exposed to both the automotive repair and autobody trades, watching and taking part in intricate repairs from simple tune-ups to Hybrid servicing and also repair and refinishing. Learning opportunities are also available in the heavy trucking industry.
- The preparation, refurbishing and painting of vintage, classic and modern automobiles
- The latest in state-of-the-art basecoat / clearcoat paint finishes
- Mechanical repair procedures and troubleshooting
- Welding common and exotic metals
Upon course completion earn up to 8 high school credits and work experience hours that may be transferred to the first level of an apprenticeship in the autobody and automotive industry.
Students will have the opportunity to compete in the Skills Canada Autobody Competition held annually at Red River College. Scholarships and prizes are awarded, and if successful, the student can go on to the National and World Skills Competition.
** A registration fee may apply. **