The Culinary Services program introduces the student to the career opportunities available to them in the Food Services and Hospitality industries. This is a C.V.E. program where students train both in class and on the job in conjunction with some of the finest establishments in the food service industry in the Province. Career options include employment in hotels, restaurants, clubs, institutions and health care facilities as a cook, chef, baker or dietary aide.
Upon graduation, the student can receive up to 10 high school credits and a certificate, and have the skills required to qualify for employment in the Culinary industry.
Students will also be able to challenge the Level One Apprenticeship in the trade of cook, and will be registered with the Manitoba Education Tourism Council for certification.
Over the course of the 34 week program you will learn:
- Food Services and Hospitality Basics Preparation and presentation of fruits and vegetables
- The science of soups, stocks and sauces
- The art of Garde Manger
- The principles of meat and poultry
- Creating baking and desserts
- The use of standardized recipes and the Principles of Kitchen Management