If you like to work with your mind and your hands and have an interest in Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technician then we can help you gain the skills and experience you need for a rewarding career in this industry.
Upon completion of this program you will earn a minimum of eight high school credits.
Our CVE programs maintain an excellent record of helping students gain full-time employment
upon completion of the programs. Don't miss this exciting opportunity!
Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technician introduces you to a variety of career opportunities.
A student graduating from the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician program can seek entry level employment as an apprentice technician in either of these trades from Apprenticeship Manitoba:
- Residential Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Commercial Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
Graduates can also seek employment in the following areas: maintenance workers, parts advisor, parts and warehousing sales and distribution, specialty/after-market technician, sales consultant, tools and equipment representative, appliance repair and services.
We provide a combination of technical training and real world experience so that potential employers need not worry about your knowledge of the industry – you will come to them prepared to work.
All in a day's work
This course takes place for one full-time semester in Grade 11 and one full-time semester in Grade 12. You will spend time in the classroom attaining skills and learning theory needed to get started … and then the real learning begins!
Under the guidance of your teacher and experienced workers in the industry you will demonstrate skill such as:
- perform a system inspection
- perform basic maintenance and service
- complete repairs and servicing
- complete preventative maintenance procedures
- perform maintenance related to seasonal concerns
- understand and use theory applied to operating systems
- communicate and work with peers, employers, and customers
- think logically and make decisions
- work independently or as part of a team
- demonstrate the ability for life-long learning to enhance their skills
- manage time
- demonstrate mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
- solve problems
- demonstrate employability skills