Paving the way to one’s future is hard work – and Wayfinders is no exception. We give a lot to our students and expect a lot in return.
To participate in the program our students must commit:
- 4 years participation (or continuous participation from their start date through high school graduation)
- 4 hours per month participation in mentorship activities (including goal-setting)
- 3 hours per week of homework support (many students commit more than 20 hours per month!)
- 40 hours community service (our kids participate in everything from community cleanups and barbeques to planting neighbourhood gardens and mentoring younger students)
- Regular attendance at all high school classes and a minimum 70% academic average
Our model is proven – the majority of our graduates go on to post-secondary education.
Of our more than 250 students each year:
- 90% say they’re confident in their ability to graduate high school
- 85% participate in mentorship activities year-round, whether class is in session or not
- 85% are on track for on-time graduation
Approximately 50% of students in Manitoba’s low-income areas drop out in Grade 9 … but we’re changing that rate one kid at a time.
Learn more about: