Want to work at the Met?
If you are interested in becoming an Advisor at the Met, here are a few helpful hints:
1. Research all you can about Big Picture Learning and read Dennis Litky's book, The Big Picture.
2. Schedule a day to drop by the Met and engage in a morning or afternoon with our learners and Advisors.
3. Keep checking the Seven Oaks School Division website to see when positions are posted.
Please note that being a Met Advisor is difficult work. We are looking for people who:
- Absolutely adore working with young people;
- Understand fully project-based learning and have experience in this area;
- Have the ability to teach PreCalculus Math;
- Have an expertise in Science, Computer Science, and/or English Language Arts;
- Have a vast network of contacts in Winnipeg for potential internships;
- Are adaptable, flexible, positive, and full of energy;
- Model life-long learning, are researchers themselves, and are willing to engage with other faculty members and students in group studies.