(10 months of study)
|Apprenticeship Accredited Level 1 available|
Aviation Trades and Technology introduces you to your career in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering. Whether your interest is repairing, overhauling or certifying aircrafts this CVE program will help you open doors to your first job in the industry.
As with all Seven Oaks CVE programs, we provide technical training through in-class theory and work experience so you can learn by doing and through on-the-job training.
- Interest in pursuing a career in aviation
- Completion of Grade 11 core courses
- Completion of a CVE application form
- Presentation of a certified transcript of marks, cover letter, reference letter, resume and fee if applicable
- Participation in an orientation
- Math 30S and/or 40S mark of 70% is recommended (applied or pre-cal)
- English 30S and/or 40S mark of 70% is recommended
Individuals who have completed Grade 12 are an adult learner or reside outside the division are encouraged to submit an application. A registration fee may apply depending if you are a graduate or live out of Seven Oaks School Division catchment.
The 34 week course is a combination of in-class theory and on-the-job training and can be broken down as follows:
- How aircrafts fly, what they are made of and how they are build
- How to control aircrafts in flight and on the ground
- How jet and piston engines work
- How to repair both engines and airframes
- How to use hand tools and measuring devices
- Basic applied math and physics
- How to read drawings and blueprints
- How to prepare for an apprenticeship
** Students will receive a free lesson in how to control an aircraft in flight. **
Upon course completion earn up to 8 high school credits and your first year apprenticeship level as an aircraft maintenance engineer. You can continue to work in the trade while you attend Stevenson College for nine weeks each year for an additional three years to become a licensed engineer who is able to repair, overhaul and certify that an aircraft is safe to fly.
The course is fully accredited with Transport Canada, Red River College/Stevenson, Canadian Aviation Maintenance Council and Apprenticeship Manitoba.
** A registration fee may apply. **