(10 months of study)
|September||Six practicum blocks that consist of 12 days each block|
First term of the Red River College Early Childhood Education program
First Aid & CPR certification
Early Childhood Education introduces you to the career opportunities that await you in the Child Care field whether at a child care centre, nursery school or licensed family daycare, this CVE program prepares you to enter the profession of Early Childhood Education.
- Completion of Grade 11 core courses (done in semester one of Grade 11 year)
- Interest in working with and providing care to children of all ages
- Participation in an interview
- Completion of a CVE application
- Presentation of a certified transcript of marks
The 40 week course is a combination of in-class theory and on-the-job training and can be broken down as follows:
- Weeks 1-4: In-class theory
- Weeks 5-40: 1 day/week in class, 4 days/week on-site
Under the guidance of directors, supervisors, and Early Childhood Educator professionals you will learn to work effectively on a team with children, families and other staff in a variety of child care settings.
Participants are placed in various areas offering unique experiences with the opportunity to rotate through different sites.
Upon course completion earn high school credits as well as 6 credits in the Red River Community College Early Childhood Education program and receive the following:
- Upon acceptance into the RRC E.C.E. program students can enter the 2nd term of the 4 term course
- Child Care Assistant Certification
- Infant/Child CPR and First Aid training and certification