(10 months of study)
First Aid & CPR certification
Confined space training
Scissor lift training
Harness training and fall protection
Grade 11 compulsories must be completed
(special exceptions can be made)
Horticulture introduces you to a variety of careers in this developing industry.
As with all Seven Oaks CVE programs, we provide technical training through in-class theory and work experience so you can learn by doing and through on-the-job training.
Some possible career opportunities are:
- Landscaping design and architecture
- Greenhouse design and architecture
- Waste management coordinator
- Sustainable food production industry (aquaponics, hydroponics)
- Bee Apiarist
- Completion of grade 11 core courses
- Interest in working in the Horticulture Industry
- Participation in an interview
- Completion of a CVE application
- Presentation of a certified transcript of marks
Individuals who have completed Grade 12 are an adult learner or reside outside the division are encouraged to submit an application.
This course takes place for one full year under the guidance of your teacher and experienced workers in the industry.
- Landscaping maintenance and construction
- Greenhouse maintenance and construction
- Understand and operate environmental control systems
- Solar passive heating systems
- Sustainable food production
- Build and maintain aquaponics and hydroponics systems
- Care and maintenance of plants
- Plant biology
- Working with bees
- Communicate and work with peers, employers, and customers
- Work independently or as part of a team
- Solve problems
- Demonstrate employability skills
Upon completion of this program you will earn a minimum of 8 high school credits.
** A registration fee may apply. **