|Duration||Intake Dates||Work Practicum||Potential Credentials||Requirements|
(10 months of study)
|24-34 weeks||Manitoba Best|
Grade 11 Math and English
Grade 12 prerequisites
Hospitality Services is the start of your career in the hospitality industries whether your passion is in food service, hospitality or tourism.
As with all Seven Oaks CVE programs, we provide technical training through in-class theory and work experience so you can learn by doing and through on-the-job training.
- Completion of Grade 11 core courses
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in the hospitality field
- Participation in an interview
- Completion of a CVE application including references or referrals
- Presentation of a certified transcript of marks
- Provision of standard uniform - black pants, black comfortable shoes, white dress shirt
Individuals who have completed Grade 12 are an adult learner or reside outside the division are encouraged to submit an application.
The 34 week course is a combination of in-class theory and on-the-job training and can be broken down as follows:
- Weeks 1-4: In-class theory
- Weeks 5-34: 1 day/week in class, 4 days/week on-site
Hospitality Provincially Approved Vocational Credits Include:
- Customer Service
- Food Preparation
- Dining Room Service
- Beverage Service
- Housekeeping Skills
- Applied Dining Room Service
- Applied Food Preparation
Upon course completion earn up to 10 high school credits and gain exposure to the hospitality industry to make choices regarding further courses at the post-secondary level including:
- Culinary Arts
- Hotel and Restaurant Administration
You will be registered with the Manitoba Tourism Education Council for national Emerit Certification and will be equipped to work in a variety of settings.
** A registration fee may apply. **