(10 months of study)
|Two months during each semester|
Manitoba Ozone Protection Industry Association certification
First Aid & CPR certification
Harness training and fall protection
Scissor lift training
Job site hazard training
Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Technician introduces you to a variety of career opportunities.
As with all Seven Oaks Career Ready programs, we provide technical training through in-class theory and work experience so you can learn by doing and through on-the-job training.
A student graduating from the Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician program can seek entry level employment as an apprentice technician in either of these trades from Apprenticeship Manitoba:
- Residential Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Commercial Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
Graduates can also seek employment in the following areas: maintenance workers, parts advisor, parts and warehousing sales and distribution, specialty/after-market technician, sales consultant, tools and equipment representative, appliance repair and services.
- Completion of core courses (done in semester one of Grade 11)
- Interest in Refridgeration and Air Conditioning
- Participation in an interview
- Completion of a Career Ready application
- Presentation of a certified transcript of marks
Individuals who have completed Grade 12 are an adult learner or reside outside the division are encouraged to submit an application.
This course takes place for one full-time semester in Grade 11 and one full-time semester in Grade 12 under the guidance of your teacher and experienced workers in the industry.
- perform a system inspection
- complete repairs and servicing
- complete preventative maintenance procedures
- perform maintenance related to seasonal concerns
- understand and use theory applied to operating systems
- communicate and work with peers, employers, and customers
- think logically and make decisions
- work independently or as part of a team
- demonstrate the ability for life-long learning to enhance their skills
- manage time
- demonstrate mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
- problem solving
Upon completion of this program you will earn a minimum of 8 high school credits.
** A registration fee may apply. **