Skip to main content
830 Powers Street, Winnipeg, MB, R2V 4E7| Phone: (204) 586-8061| Fax: (204) 589-2504
Utility links
Seven Oaks School Division
Community Begins Here
Aug 13, 2020
No School Today
School Supports

Accessing School Supports

  • If you are concerned about your child's progress, talk to your child's teacher first.
  • The classroom teacher can request assistance from the in-school support team.
  • School support teams may consist of the learning support/resource teacher, guidance teacher, administrators, social workers, psychologist, speech and language therapist, occupational therapist and physiotherapist.
  • The school support team may assist the teacher in supporting students through co-planning, co-teaching, small group support, assessment, short term individual instruction and the development of an Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Behaviour Intervention Plan (B.I.P.) if needed.

 In-School Learning Supports


Administrator(s) - All schools have principals and larger schools have vice principals who play a role in supporting your child.

Preschool Programs/Community Coordinator - All elementary schools in Seven Oaks School Division have programs for preschool children. Contact your local elementary school for program information.

Guidance Teacher - All schools have guidance teachers who work with classrooms, students and families.

Resource/Learning Support Teacher - All schools in Seven Oaks School Division have resource/learning support teachers. These teachers work with classroom teachers to plan and program for many students, including those with learning difficulties and disabilities.

Paraprofessionals - All schools have paraprofessionals who work under the direction of teachers.

 Out-of-School Learning Supports


ECSS - Educational and Clinical Support Services includes psychologists, social workers and speech/language pathologists (please see Clinical Services/ECSS for additional information).

School Therapy Services includes occupational therapy and physiotherapy. Accessing School Therapy Services only takes place with parental permission.

Community Supports - in some cases further divisional and community supports may be accessed if the team determines them to be helpful for the child.