The deadline for the 2021/2022 school year has past. If you would like your name placed on a wait list for September start, please complete the Met School Application Form. We will contact you IF a spot becomes available.
Thank your for your interest in the Met School. Deadline for applications for the 2021-2022 school year is March 5th, 2021. Presentations to all Seven Oaks School Division catchment middle schools are in February. Our VIRTUAL family Open House is on Wednesday, February 24th: 6 pm - 7 pm.
The Open house was recorded - here is the link: Click here
A general information session & tour will be hosted by our principal, Nancy Janelle, at 6:00 pm. There will be presentations about school-based projects & internships by our advisors. Q&A will be available in the chat & monitored by our staff during the open house, and after the livestream ends. You will have to chance to meet some of our student and family ambassadors, alumni, and of course our current Met School advisors.
Open House poster
Joining the Met
Want to study at the Met School? Applications are open to any Seven Oaks School Division student ... but we do take our time to make sure the Met is the right fit for you.
- Come to our virtual Open House in February, or schedule a one-on-one appointment for your family to come & visit the school
- Complete the Seven Oaks Met School Application form - due in early March
- Include both a student letter & parent letter about why you want to come to the Met
- A copy of a recent Report Card
- Submit a piece of work that is the best thing you've every made, created or performed
* If you are not currently attending a Seven Oaks School, you must also complete the Divisional Application form
As Met School courses run from September to June (not by semester), families are asked to make a minimum commitment of one school year.
How is Met different from other high schools?
Students start in the Met school by exploring their interests, examining career connections and doing research on the industries in our cities. They develop resumes, work on interview skills and arrange to interview people in their fields of interest to build understanding of their future plans before securing an internship.
Get to know our 2021-22 grade 9 advisors here: