Enrollment for the 22/23 school year is now closed (as of March 4th 2022)
Thank you for your interest in applying to the Met School. At this time, all grade nine classrooms at Seven Oaks Met School and Maples Met School are full for the 2022-2023 school year. The Exchange Met School is still accepting grade nine applications for September. All three Met Schools intend to notify parents of acceptance to the program by early April 2022. Presentations to all Seven Oaks School Division catchment middle schools are in February.
Our Open House is generally held the last Wedesday evening in February.
Open House poster
Joining the Met
Want to study at the Met School? Applications are open to any Seven Oaks School Division student ... but we do take our time to make sure the Met is the right fit for you.
- Come to our Open House in February, or schedule a one-on-one appointment for your family to come & visit the school
- Complete the Seven Oaks Met School Application form - due in early March
- Include both a student letter & parent letter about why you want to come to the Met
- A copy of a recent Report Card
- Submit a piece of work that is the best thing you've every made, created or performed
* If you are not currently attending a Seven Oaks School, you must also complete the Divisional Application form
As Met School courses run from September to June (not by semester), families are asked to make a minimum commitment of one school year.
How is Met different from other high schools?
Students start in the Met school by exploring their interests, examining career connections and doing research on the industries in our cities. They develop resumes, work on interview skills and arrange to interview people in their fields of interest to build understanding of their future plans before securing an internship.