What does my child need to start kindergarten?
- A regular sized backpack (if it is too small, library book won't fit)
- Indoor shoes appropriate for gym (Velcro runners are best – please label with your child's name)
- A complete change of clothes to remain at school in their cubby
- A reusable water bottle labelled with your child's name
How do I sign up for family orientations and staggered start days?
Please call the office at 204-338-7937 and Ms. Leah will help you.
Family Orientations will take place on Tuesday, September 8thth starting at 1:00pm -7:00pm and Wednesday, September 9th, from 9:00am-11:30am . Your child will attend with you. Meetings are 30 minutes in length.
Children will attend staggered starts on EITHER Thursday, September 10th OR Friday, September 11th. Please tell Ms. Leah your child's first name, and your preferred day. Your child will be signed up for only one of the days. Your child will attend from 9:00-11:30 on their day and will need a snack on that day.
Will my child need a snack from home?
- Yes, your child will have time each day to eat a snack.
- We do not allow juice at snack but milk and water are fine
- Please send a healthy snack for your child (please do not send candy)
Some ideas include:
- Cheese and crackers
- Fruit & veggies
Does my child participate in gym, music, or library?
YES!! Your child will participate in all three of these. It is quite unique to have music and gym taught by a specialist at the kindergarten level. Your child will attend gym and music twice a cycle and library once a cycle.
What if my child needs to take the bus?
If you child needs to take a bus, you can contact the school for more information regarding catchment boundaries and specifics.
Can I volunteer in my child's classroom or for fieldtrips?
Yes! The specifics of this can be discussed at your child's orientation meeting.