Met Centre for Arts & Technology
We are continuing to accept applications for Grade 9 learners from both residents of Seven Oaks School Division as well as Out-of-Division students for the 2021/22 school year. We are a capacity for Grade 10 and 11 learners for the 2021/22 school year.
Interested families are encouraged to contact Will Burton, Principal-Teacher at MCAT via school phone (204) 589-9854, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining the Met
Want to study at the Met School? Applications are open to any Seven Oaks School Division student ... but we do take our time to make sure the Exchange Met is the right fit for you.
- The Seven Oaks Met School had a virtual open house that explains the uniqueness of Met schools. Click here to view their open house
- Click here to complete the Exchange Met School Application form
- Include both a student letter & parent letter about why you want to come to the Met
- A copy of a recent Report Card
* If you are not currently attending a Seven Oaks School, you must also complete the Divisional Application Form
As the Exchange Met School courses run from September to June (not by semester), families are asked to make a minimum commitment of one school year.
How is Met different from other high schools?
Students start in the Exchange Met school by exploring their interests, examining career connections and doing research on the industries in our cities. They develop resumes, work on interview skills and arrange to interview people in their fields of interest to build understanding of their future plans before securing an internship.