We are excited to welcome your child to the SOSD Learn to Skate program! Please
review the following items for your information.
• Basic skating skill review and development including balance, pushing, gliding, turning
• The program consists of 9 or 10 lessons per classroom.
• Sessions take place at the Maples Multiplex.
• The program occurs during school hours and students will be bussed to and from the
arena. There is no fee for this program.
• Skates and helmets with cages are provided. Students must bring their own gloves, as
well as a toque or hoodie to wear under the helmet.
Along with the arena staff, we have developed several safety protocols:
➢ Students must wear a (small) toque or hood under their helmet, and gloves or
➢ Cages on helmets will be sanitized by the skating staff after each use.
➢ Students are encouraged to bring their own skates (stored safely) and helmets
➢ Parents are welcome to attend and may volunteer to tie skates.
Thank you for your support.