This course is the process of managing life, learning and work over one's lifetime. Take this credit to explore your interests skills, values and to plan for future working, learning and other endeavours.
- Personal Management-Self Knowledge: Learning styles and “What would I be good at doing"?
- Career Exploration: What jobs/careers are out there for me?
- Learning and Planning: Designing Resume & Cover Letter
- Job Seeking and Career Experiences: Work experience & Resume Writing
- Career and Community experiences: Volunteer experience & Next steps
The career development course has been designed to connect school learning with workplace and labour market realities. The course aims to provide a smoother transition between high school graduation and workplace transition or post-secondary educational programming. The course will help students acquire and apply knowledge and skills to make appropriate decisions for life, work, and the essential post-secondary education/training that is required in today's economy.
The experiential learning components will provide students with opportunities to explore potential occupations, and to demonstrate employability skills, essential skills, and specific occupational skills.