Ticket Sales: TBA
Website Link: https://maples.inviteright.com/event/readyguest/E61937DB
Ticket Price: (tickets are non-refundable)
$140 for the graduate (The student grad committee was able to fundraise enough money to reduce the grad tickets from $150)
$140 for the guest (The 2023 Safe Grad Guest Approval form must be completed by the graduating student and approved by the school before you can buy your guest's ticket!)
$60 for one parent/guardian
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
1. What are some of the requirements when buying a ticket?
- your legal name
- your 7-digit student number
- your 6-digit Manitoba health number
- your 9-digit personal health ID number
- the full name of the parent or guardian picking you (and your guest) up
- your parent or guardian's driver's licence number (see example below)
NOTE: You will also need to provide your guest's information when you purchase ticket/s.
2. I would like to bring a guest. What do I do?
Request a 2023 Safe Grad Guest Approval Form from the Maples office, complete it, and hand it in to Mr. Shier as soon as possible. The form MUST be approved by the school before you can purchase your grad tickets!
Guest Pass Instructions for Grads: Guest Pass Instructions for Grad.pdf
3. Can anyone purchase tickets for the dinner?
No. You must have the link to the website and your student ID in order to purchase tickets. If your family wants to purchase the tickets, you will have to send them the link and your student ID number. We will not give out a student's ID number to anyone who is not authorized to have it.
4. In what ways can I purchase tickets?
Tickets can be paid online with Credit (Visa, MasterCard, etc.) only.
If circumstances restrict the purchase through those forms of payment, please contact Mr. Shier or Mr. Buffie to make other arrangements.
5. How many people are allowed to sit at a table?
There are 35 tables available and tables are grouped in sets of 10. Students are able to view where other students are sitting on the online form. Please note that we might have to move you if your table is not full!
The photo below shows you how our seating chart looked like in 2019:
6. I want to sit beside my family and friends. What should I do?
Have one family purchase all of the tickets for the table, and have the other family reimburse you upon receiving tickets. You can also get together and make your purchases online at the same time! Remember that the seating is finalized on a first-come, first-serve basis; the earlier you buy tickets, the better chance you will get to sit beside your family and friends!
7. What if I would like to purchase a specific table?
You will be able to see the table layout and select your seats when you log in and buy your ticket/s.
8. How long will the sale last?
The ticket sales start on Wednesday, May 17th at noon. This is the earliest time you can purchase tickets and get the table/seats you want. The ticket sales run until Friday, June 16th. You will not be able to purchase tickets after June 16th! Please plan accordingly!
9. What if I have a special meal requirement?
There is an option on the online ticket site to indicate any allergies or special meal requirements.
10. Can I get a ride home with my friend? Can my sister or brother pick me up?
No! Only your parent or guardian can pick you up. This is one of the components of Safe Grad. When you buy your ticket, you will have to indicate the name of the parent/guardian picking you up AND their licence number (NOT their plate number). If you have any questions about this, please talk to Mr. Shier about it.
11. I don't like where I'm sitting. What should I do?
The seating plan is only in effect during the dinner portion of the night (from 7 pm to about 9 pm). This is to ensure that the hotel provides the correct meal to you and to the other guests at your table. After the dinner portion, you are free to sit wherever you want.
12. Can parents/guardians stay after dinner?
No. Parents attending the event are only allowed inside the ballroom during the dinner. Once we transition to Safe Grad (the dance portion), only the parent volunteers are allowed to stay/supervise inside the ballroom.
13. Can I purchase tickets if I owe the school some money?
No! Tickets will not be sold to students who have not paid all library fines, textbook fees, parking fines, fundraising, sport fees, etc. You must be able to prove that you have paid all your debts in order to purchase a ticket. Please check with the office to find out if your name is on the outstanding fines list.
14. How do I purchase online?
Click on the link at the top of this page. Enter your student number. You can choose your seats using the map on the website. It will indicate how many seats are left at each table. Enter your guest information. Enter any allergies or special meal requirements. Select payment and pay with credit card or Interac online.
Make sure you are buying the correct number of tickets before confirming your order! All ticket sales are final!
15. Can I let my friend, who is a minor, try some alcohol?
Absolutely not! Individuals who are 18 years and older will be given a different coloured wristband than individuals who are under 18 years of age. The difference in colours tells the bartenders who to serve alcohol to.
The Liquor and Gaming Authority may send Liquor Inspectors to our party to ensure rules are being followed. They have the authority to check IDs, wristbands, and issue tickets if they see illegal activity.
16. How much are the fines if I get caught giving alcohol to minors?
- disorderly conduct around a licensed premise: $673.75
- minor consuming or in possession of liquor: $673.75
- supplying liquor to a minor: $2,543.65
- supplying liquor to an intoxicated person: $2,543.65
- lying to the Liquor Inspector about your name, age, or why you are in possession of alcohol is considered obstruction and can lead to a fine of $1,297.65 on top of the other fines you got that night!
- the bottomline: have fun, be safe, and make good choices!
17. What happens after dinner?
After your parents/guardians/family exit the ballroom, it's time to party! Show off your moves on the dance floor! Play Fantasy Casino and earn raffle tickets! Pose for the Photobooth! Celebrate this moment with your high school friends!