Reporting to the Director of Transportation, Substitute/Casual Bus Drivers are responsible for:
- Transport students between school and home on established routes and on excursions during the regular school year.
- Ensure students safety at all times, particularly when boarding and leaving buses and crossing street while bus is stopped.
- Communicate and interact with students, parents, school employee, co-workers and the general public in a respectful and professional manner.
- May drive buses equipped for wheelchair accessibility and aid students in boarding.
- Maintain control of students and follow bus code of conduct.
- Maintain a daily inspection log.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Promptly report delays, mechanical problems and accidents.
Required skills and experience:
- Valid class 2 driver's license and a Manitoba School Bus Operator Certificate.
- Clear driving abstract.
- Ability to communicate in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to perform the physical aspects of the position including emergency bus evacuations.
- Emergency First Aid/CPR Certificate is an asset.
- Must ensure confidentiality at all times.
Seven Oaks School Division offers a competitive salary (as per Collective Agreement) with the opportunity to work up to an 8-hour day.
Substitute/Casual drivers who have worked a total of 1500 hours within a 2-year period will be eligible for full benefits coverage (as per Collective Agreement).
We are currently accepting applications for the following:
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and resume, along with the completed Application Form to:
Dana Valente, Director of Transportation
Seven Oaks School Division
1985 Grassmere Rd.
West St Paul, MB