Since the inception of this committee in 2003, and through partnerships with schools in the Seven Oaks School Division, the Children’s Rehabilitation Foundation, Children’s Disability Services, legions, churches, businesses and individual donors, we have been able to raise money to purchase 17 different mobility items. These include 14 specialty trikes and wheelchair parts for students in various schools in our division. We have continued to collect tabs during the times of the Covid -19 pandemic; our progress has been slower during these past three years. We are hopeful that more tabs will be donated to our program now that people are gathering more post pandemic.
Who helps us:
- Students and staff of all Seven Oaks schools
- Seven Oaks School Division Board Office
- Seven Oaks Educational and Clinical Support Services
- Seven Oaks School Division IT Centre
- Seven Oaks Maintenance and Transportation
- Atlantic Garden City United Church
- Berna Walichnowski
- Brenda Robertson and Hatch Ltd.
- Children’s Rehabilitation Foundation
- D. Riordan M. Martinos-Wutzke
- Denise Durand
- Joanne Zahaiko and family
- Lions Club of West St. Paul
- Lutheran Women’s Missionary League
- Lyrissa Loeppky and grandmother
- Mackenzie and Newella Bell and family
- National Leasing
- Royal Canadian Legion West Kildonan Branch #30
- Specialized Services for Children and Youth
- Students at Shaftsbury High School
- Tracey Sobo
- Youth from the Holy Trinity Ukrainian Orthodox Metropolitan Cathedral
- …and many, many previous and anonymous donors who drop off tabs at schools and other locations in support of our work.
A huge THANK YOU to all individuals and groups who have been collecting tabs for us.
We couldn’t do it without all of you!
Transcript of a thank you note we received:
“I would like to thank everyone for helping me get this bike. I will have a good time riding my bike outside. Have a great summer! EJ”
Call Sabyna at R. F. Morrison School (204-338-7804) for more information.