Skip to main content
830 Powers Street, Winnipeg, MB, R2V 4E7| Phone: (204) 586-8061| Fax: (204) 589-2504
Utility links
Seven Oaks School Division
Community Begins Here
May 25, 2024
No School Today
Hospitality Services


‚ÄčDuration‚ÄčWork Practicum‚ÄčPotential Credentials
‚Äč1 year
(10 months of study)
‚Äč28‚Äč weeks

‚Äč‚ÄčManitoba Best
Smart Choices
Emerit certification
WHMIS training‚Äč


Hospitality Services is the start of your career in the hospitality industries‚Äč whether your passion is in food service, hospitality or tourism.

As with all Seven Oaks Career Ready programs, we provide technical training through in-class theory and work experience so you can learn by doing and through on-the-job training.‚Äč

Hospitality Requirements:

  • Completion of Grade 11 core courses
  • Strong interest in pursuing a career in the hospitality field
  • Participation in an interview
  • Completion of a Career Ready‚Äč application including references or referrals
  • Presentation of a certified transcript of marks (do not submit report card)‚Äč
  • Provision of standard uniform - black pants, black comfortable shoes, white dress shirt
  • Age cap of 25 years of age

‚Äč‚ÄčIndividuals who have completed Grade 12 are an adult learner or reside outside the division are encouraged to submit an application.‚Äč

The 34 week course is a combination of in-class theory and on-the-job training and can be broken down as follows:

  • Weeks 1-4: In-class theory
  • Weeks 5-34: 1 day/week in class, 4 days/week on-site‚Äč

Hospitality Provincially Approved Vocational Credits Include: ‚Äč

  • Customer ServiceTourism
  • Food Preparation
  • Dining Room Service
  • Beverage Service
  • Housekeeping Skills
  • Management
  • Applied Dining Room Service
  • Applied Food Preparation

Upon course completion earn up to 10 high school credits and gain exposure to the hospitality industry to make choices regarding further courses at the post-secondary level including:

  • Culinary Arts
  • Hotel and Restaurant Administration
  • Tourism

You will be registered with the Manitoba Tourism Education Council for national Emerit Certification‚Äč and will be equipped to work in a variety of settings.

** A registration fee may apply. **