(10 months of study)
|Two months during each semester|
First Aid certification
Confined space training
Scissor lift training
Harness training and fall protection
Grade 11 compulsories must be completed
(special exceptions can be made)
Sustainable Energy introduces you to a variety of careers in this developing industry.
As with all Seven Oaks CVE programs, we provide technical training through in-class theory and work experience so you can learn by doing and through on-the-job training.
Some possible career opportunities are:
- Sustainability coordinator
- Solar, wind, biomass and geothermal technician
- Waste management coordinator
- Sustainable transporatation industry
- Sustainable food production industry
- Bee apiarist
- Sustainable energy systems designer
- Completion of core courses (done in semester one of Grade 11)
- Interest in working in the Sustainable Energy Industry
- Participation in an interview
- Completion of a CVE application
- Presentation of a certified transcript of marks
Individuals who have completed Grade 12 are an adult learner or reside outside the division are encouraged to submit an application.
This course takes place for one full-time semester in Grade 11 and one full-time semester in Grade 12 under the guidance of your teacher and experienced workers in the industry.
- Sustainable energies including solar, wind, geothermal and biomass
- Perform a solar/wind system inspection
- Perform basic maintenance and service
- Understand and use theory applied to operating systems
- Solar and geothermal heating systems
- Sustainable food production
- Alternative construction methods
- Tool safety and maintenance
- Working with bees
- Communicate and work with peers, employers, and customers
- Work independently or as part of a team
- Solve problems
- Demonstrate employability skills
Upon completion of this program you will earn a minimum of 8 high school credits.
** A registration fee may apply. **